Originally published as “The Treasures of Tartary” in Thrilling Adventures, January 1935.
Originally published in Top-Notch Magazine, October 1934.
The original opening to this story is included in El Borak and Other Desert Adventures (Del Rey, 2010) as Untitled (Feel the edge, dog…).
First published as “The Curse of the Crimson God” in Swords of Shahrazar, Orbit, 1976.
Rewritten by L. Sprague De Camp as a Conan story titled “The Blood-Stained God,” first published in Tales of Conan, Gnome Press, 1955.